The WorldShip to NAV Interface seeks to streamline your shipping process by increasing automation and providing you with the performance you need to maintain optimum efficiency. Consider the follow example of how the system operates:
· A shipping user scans a barcoded Sales Order number in WorldShip, which pulls the Ship-to Address from the NAV Sales Order.
· After each shipment UPS writes a file with relative information about the shipment, on a scheduled basis the UPS file is imported directly into your system.
o The link then adds a line to the relevant Sales Order (shown below)
- Type: GL Account
- No: “Freight” GL Account from Sales and Receivables Setup
- Quantity: 1
- Unit Price: Dollar amount (total for all packages if there are multiple packages in the shipment) from the UPS file
o The link then updates the Package Tracking No. field on the Sales Order
- One number is all that is required to track all packages shipped on one shipment. All other packages on the same shipment will show up with the one tracking number entered.
· A NAV User can then post the sales order, which automatically carries the tracking number to the Posted Shipment and Posted Invoice
· The NAV user can click on the Track Package icon in NAV to see the shipping status on the UPS Website.