Are NOT the Same Thing
Did You Know Business Intelligence, Reporting, and Dashboards Are NOT the Same Thing?
Let BASM help you sort the distinct difference between each, so you can make better, faster and stronger business decisions.
Keep reading and we will show you how different they really are, and how expertly we handle them at BASM
- Business Intelligence is a buzzword that has different meanings to different people. Simply put, we believe business intelligence is a dynamic tool that lets you distill data into information and sift information into the critical pieces, which provide you with the understanding you need to make good business decisions.
- Like any intelligence gathering, your view of what is required will vary from the next person’s. You need to be able to drill down, rearrange, and change the model to answer all of the “what if”, “how come” and “why” questions that each new step brings.
- ClickBase is one example of this category of software. Clickbase helps you drill down, add or remove data, sorts, summarizations, percentages in a dynamic mode without complex programming requirements. When implemented it can help you improve your basis of information as you make your critical business decisions. It is simple, easy to use and one of our favorite tools.
- Reporting provides static information – the kind of reports you may view daily or weekly, whereas Business Intelligence gives you the ability to drill down or “spin” the data to look at it differently – all without running a new report. ERP software includes stock reports that provide generic information based on what the developer thinks is appropriate.
- When we review our customers reporting environment, we start by asking: Is there an area in which you could make better decisions if you had the ability to arrange the information differently, or simply add in more information?
- We use reporting tools like Stonefield Query, SAP Business Object Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and other tools that can pull specific reports on demand, modify existing reports, or create entirely new reports and have them print automatically or emailed to you.
- Dashboards can communicate critical real-time business measurements. They are a collection of measurements (like those on your car dashboard) which relay important and critical information in simple, easy to understand formats.
- We can help you identify those pieces of critical information. Then we can design and implement the dashboards that best fit your company’s needs. Dashboard requirements vary depending on the function of the person using them. The same dashboard won’t work for a customer service rep, a purchasing agent and a manager because their needs are different.
- We know what you need to see in dashboards for Sales, Financial and Business Management, Administration, Customer Service, Purchasing, Inventory Control and other functional business areas.
Read what our clients have to say about BASM,
“This tool saves us tens of thousands of dollars in lost sales! Having instant access to our customers’ purchasing trends, we can immediately target those customers whose purchases are declining.”
Todd Boynton, President, Update, LTD.
We can help your business
Our services allow us to extend our capabilities so you ultimately become better, faster and stronger and achieve your business success. With Realistic Solutions© from BASM, you are in a great position to take advantage and move ahead of your competitors.
Since 1985, we have extended pragmatic advice and extensive business experience to our clients. With Realistic Solutions© from BASM, you get the right mix of technology and practical business experience for your business.
Contact us to learn how our services can save you time, money and frustration.