The right Distribution Software is the key to hitting your goals.
Get the right product, product quantity and pack size to the right Customer on time, every time, and make a profit.
At BASM, we understand distribution. We know there are many types and styles of distribution including service organizations and nonprofits. Direct sales (internet, direct mail, telephone solicitation); agents (direct or independent reps); wholesale distributors and retailers form part of or the entire distribution channel for every product.
We also know that most manufacturers have significant distribution requirements and require industry-specific distribution software.
BASM capably works with all distributors.
“I would recommend Business Automation Specialists to anyone contemplating either a brand-new implementation or an upgrade of any magnitude.”
Dennis Cole, EZ Way, Inc., Waterbury, Connecticut
Top 4 Ways BASM Can Help Your Distribution Business:
- Whole Pallet – A Whole Pallet Distributor brings in product by the pallet and then sells it by truckload or container. There is no packing or repacking because the product is sold in the same format in which it was purchased.
- Pick, Pack & Ship – Pick, Pack & Ship Distributors bring in product by the pallet and then distribute it by case or by item. The order is picked, then packed and shipped. With this type of distribution, compliance labeling is particularly challenging as there may be several different types of products in each package.
- Drop-ship – Drop-ship distributors are similar to Pick, Pack & Ship, but generally ship smaller quantities directly to their customer’s customer, the individual or company purchasing the item. Blind labeling and appropriate shipping documents, as well as a high volume of small shipments, provide special challenges for this type of distribution.
- 3PL (Third Party Logistics)– Third Party Logistics is a unique category. 3PLs provide product fulfillment service for another company. The 3PL holds but never purchases the product. Orders are generally taken by the owner of the product and forwarded to the 3PL for order fulfillment, although, some 3PLs provide all services from order taking through fulfillment. The 3PL may charge for their services in many different ways. Many 3PLs also provide contract storage for other companies. A 3PL may have need of EDI support and Compliance Labeling.
Since 1985, we have used our practical business experience in these markets to help our customers capitalize on their unique business strengths. We know you want your business to be successful and we know how to make you better, faster and stronger in order to get there.
At BASM, we specialize in the following functions and software for distributors:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Inventory Management and Inventory Control Software
- Management Functions
With BASM, we understand the big picture of how and where things stand in the world of distribution. Our expertise in distribution software and best practices can benefit you and your business.
Contact Us TODAY so we can help you automate and grow your business with realistic solutions, practical advice and extensive distribution knowledge.