Distribution ERP Software can get you where you want to go.
You are the hub of the wheel that takes a product from the Manufacturer and delivers it to the end user. You have a lot of ground to cover to make sure this happens quickly and accurately.
As a distributor, you take product from your manufacturer and make sure you get it to your end user or retailer. You have to get the right product in the right size and the right quantity to the right customer location at the right time at the right price the first time every time, and to do it at a profit. Not an easy task.
Software for distributors from BASM provides you with a business management system that integrates all areas of your business including, planning, shipping, sales and marketing.
BASM helps your distribution business with:
- Better Inventory Management software – Better policies minimize overstock conditions in your business.
- Faster Warehouse Management – Faster tools help ease the challenges of product placement; whether you are using Warehouse Management Systems or simple bar-code tools, we can increase accuracy and speed of data entry.
- Better Communication – Efficient communication and document control is critical for your business.
- Faster Sales Order Entry – Good Sales Order entry policies provide significant reduction in miss-shipped products and Customer service problems.
- Stronger Systems for Accuracy – Correct pricing, product restrictions, shipping instructions and correct delivery points, in addition to tracking sales tax responsibility are vital to running a profitable Distribution business.
At BASM we also help you with other elements of Inventory tracking such as Lot and Serial Number tracking, Expiry Date management and First-In, First-Out. We understand Inventory management (purchasing, stocking quantities, standard inventory lists, inventory accuracy) is one of two key areas that most directly affect profit. We have seen our customers double or triple their sales volumes with no increase in Customer Service staff.
Forecasting the right quantity of product for your business is critical. This one function, if done well can double your distribution company’s bottom line. Done poorly, it means more inventory, warehouse space, tied up money and more damage to product. All of which means less profit for your business.
Consider this example,
Adapted from A New Era in Inventory Management for the Distribution Industry by Charles J. Bodenstab: Assume you have $10,000,000 in sales with $1,800,000 in inventory with pre-tax profits of $150,000. Reducing your inventory by 20% (very realistic) will free up $360,000 in cash. That is worth at least $36,000 in reduced borrowing alone. Add another $36,000 savings in reduced obsolescence, insurance, space, taxes and handling and you have improved you profits by nearly 50%.
Moreover, with better stocking, you will improve fill rates to strengthen your competitive position in the marketplace and slash your actual manual time and cost of managing inventory. You may find your turns going from four to seven to ten as you improve your inventory management and improve your fill rate from mid-80 percent to mid-90 percent.
Warehouse Management is the second area directly affecting profit. This includes proper organization of the most popular items near the shipping area; selecting pick-faces at the best ergonomic heights; balancing overstock and pick-face requirements with cube requirements and more.
The right ERP distribution software from BASM results is more streamlined business processes, which enables your company to provide better service to your customers and allows your People to produce more with less effort.
Read what one of our clients told us…
“We saw a drastic improvement in our processes. Thanks to the customization BASM did for our special inventory requirement, and the integration to accounting, we are now able to get information on a “real” time basis. This has sped up our customer service and ultimately our sales process.”
Lamar Detert, Vice President, Discover Plastics, Inc.
The right distribution ERP software helps your Distribution business:
- Improve your processes for whole pallet, case, broken case and each quantities – Warehouse Management Systems help you by directing your picker to the correct bin location to pick the right size and quantity.
- Reduce administrative time with Dropped Shipped Sales Orders – We help automate your processes so the Purchase Order can be created directly from the Sales Order without re-entry, and when the Purchase Order is received, the Customer’s Invoice is created. This simplifies and improves efficiency greatly and reduces errors.
- Manage your Unique Customer Pricing – Getting the right pricing to the customer is critical. Get it wrong and you risk losing your customer at worst and, at best, costs you a great deal of time, money and food-will. We can make sure your system enforces your pricing policies without taking more time for your Customer Service staff.
- Improve Less than Truckload (LTL) processes – We automate your processes so duplicate data entry is eliminated. Customers automatically receive tracking numbers where the cost and price are automatically posted to the invoice. In addition, we can automate the addition of handling fees, markup, insurance, third party billing and most importantly, we can make sure the shipping department sees the right shipping method so no “Next Day” shipments go by ground.
- Provide Supply Chain visibility for your customers and vendors – Better information equals better decisions, happier customers, more efficiency and better profits. We can help you provide customized data according to your standards to both your customers and vendors without more effort on your staff’s part.
- Streamline Processes – We can help you reduce the effort and time it takes to process, pick and invoice your customers’ orders, while making sure that your business policies are enforced.
- Better Purchasing – better forecasting and purchasing decisions can significantly improve your customer satisfaction through better, faster order fulfillment rates, while reducing your overall inventory level.
In addition, we verify your company’s computer system is in good working order to minimize any performance problems caused by network or hardware problems. At BASM, we train end-users to use the software to maximize their effort by understanding critical elements of their jobs.
By training your employees they will understand how your ERP systems will help them get the job done quickly and efficiently. You accomplish your corporate goals with the support and enabling of your ERP system.
Whitepaper: “How to Choose a Distribution System”
When it comes to Distribution ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), it’s important to understand all the benefits of an integrated ERP system before beginning your selection process. We created this guide—to provide you with the essential information you need to make the best decision possible.
- How do I evaluate my Distribution ERP software options?
- How do I choose a Distribution ERP consultant & resller?
- How do I deploy a Distribution ERP across my orginization?
- Hosted vs. On-Demand vs. On-Premise?
- How do I determine my ERP implementation budget?
We are exactly what you need to help you automate and grow your business with realistic solutions, practical advice and extensive distribution knowledge.