We help you with all the components required to ensure you get a solid distribution software solution for your business, including handheld computers, printers, software, training and implementation.
You are involved in either one of two models where you deliver directly to a store, stock the shelves with your product and bypassing the retailer’s warehouse entirely. You have a route salesperson and/or route delivery person who makes regular stops at your customer site to determine the inventory level.
Your salesperson works with the Store Manager on setting up and stocking promotions (coupons, cents off, etc.), determining pricing and stocking levels. Your Sales/Delivery person also finds new customers for your business.
Read what our clients have to say about BASM,
“We are very happy with the results!”
Duane Ebert, Controller, Bernatello’s Pizza, Inc.
Your DSD Distribution business may have a one or two stop model:
- The One-Stop Model – Your Route Salesperson checks stocking levels, sets up promotions and pricing and delivers the product, invoices your customer (electronically or on paper) and may collect the payment all in one stop. New customer adds can be handled by the Route Salesperson or by another Salesperson.
- The Two-Stop Model – Your Salesperson calls on the store, sets up promotions and pricing, places an order to bring the inventory up to a predetermined level and finds new Customers. The order is delivered to the store by your Route Driver. When the product is delivered, your Driver presents your Customer with an invoice (electronically or on paper) and may collect payment for the product.
BASM helps DSD Distributors in several ways:
- Easily Transmit Information – DSD orders, invoices, payments, customer adds and changes can be entered directly on hand held computers. This information can then be transmitted directly to the home office in batch or real-time.
- Automate Processes – Replenishment orders for the truck are automatically moved into the ERP order processing system and sent to the warehouse for picking. If there are products ordered from another vendor, we can automatically prepare purchase orders and transmit them to the vendor for shipment.
- Efficient Accounting – The ERP System takes over and handles the accounting for each customer and prepares statements for chains, conglomerates or individual stores.
- Effective Distribution Software Solutions – We can provide all components required for successful implementation, including handheld computers, printers, software, end-user training and implementation.
Whitepaper: “How to Choose a Distribution System”
When it comes to Distribution ERP Software (Enterprise Resource Planning), it’s important to understand all the benefits of an integrated ERP system before beginning your selection process. We created this guide—to provide you with the essential information you need to make the best decision possible.
- How do I get started evaluation Distribution ERP options?
- How do I choose a Distribution ERP consultant & resller?
- How do I deploy a Distribution ERP across my orginization?
- Hosted vs. On-Demand vs. On-Premise?
- How do I determine my ERP implementation budget?
We help you automate your business with realistic solutions, practical advice and extensive distribution knowledge. We have the solutions you need to capitalize on your unique business strengths to become better, faster and stronger.